Thursday, February 19, 2015

What Have You Done for HIM Lately?


The Lenten season is upon us. Many people struggle with what to do for Lent. Most people think about what to give up, but what about what to do BETTER or MORE of. Lent is the perfect time to work on making yourself better. I personally love the Lenten season because I am reminded of just how much HE loves me. I am reminded of how HE made the ultimate sacrifice, yet I fret over whether I can not eat meat on Fridays (I'm Catholic) or whether I will be able to keep my Lenten promises.

As I have gotten older I have come to understand that Lent is about so much more than what you give up. It is about what you do MORE of for GOD. What have you done for HIM lately??? Fasting, praying, acts of service, all these things can be done for Lent. My interpretation is that Lent is to make you BETTER for God. So, if you need to lose a few extra pounds, abstaining from certain foods will help you do that. However, how about getting to the root of the cause for the few extra pounds and doing something about THAT? How about using Lent as a time for self reflection, cleansing, and reconnecting with God and your surroundings. Find your quiet place during this time. Reflect on HIS many blessings. Pray more, DO more or LESS (depending on what you need). But definitely spend MORE time with HIM this Lenten season. Do those things that you know are pleasing to GOD. Build up HIS temple... 


What have you done for HIM lately?

If you are trying to make a transformation, understand that all change starts from the INSIDE. You have to dig deep down in your spirit, search your soul, commit your heart, and will your body, to do the things necessary. It requires FAITH. you have to BELIEVE that God is going to work this out for you because HE loves you and knows just what you need. I bet if you spend MORE time with HIM all those things you are trying to change or do better will get easier. This whole life is really about HIM, so why do we not realize that NOTHING happens that is not ordained and orchestrated by HIM.

Stay focused on HIM this Lenten season and you will lose those 10 pounds (either physically or mentally), you will increase your exercise, you will drink more water, eat less candy, pray more, worry less. Whatever it is that you have decided you need to do to make your temple BETTER will be accomplished. There is an old song that I like to sing that says " I woke up this morning with my mind stayyyyyeeeddd on Jesus". Do that this Lenten season. Keep your mind STAYYYEEEDDD on Jesus. It works, it really works...







  Click the link below to see 40 things you can give up this Lenten season. There is one for each day. Try it and let me know how it works for you.
40 Things to Give up for Lent
http://gs4nj.org/40-things-the-give-up-for-lent-the-list/


























 

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration to do and be better! This Lenten season, I have committed to put in the work to be a better ME!

    I am so glad you have decided to blog. You know I LOVE LOVE LOVE your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration to do and be better! This Lenten season, I have committed to put in the work to be a better ME!

    I am so glad you have decided to blog. You know I LOVE LOVE LOVE your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post. I decided to do MORE this Lenten season & this is confirmation that I'm moving in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete