Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Have You Reached Your Goal?

This is one crazy journey...
The other day I was thinking about setting goals for my weight loss and fitness. Heck, just a plan for my life..lol




I was talking about it with a person at the gym who, like me, was still a bit overweight. I was saying that I NEEDED to lose at LEAST another 25-30 pounds. That's the number that the doctor says I need to strive for. I know that I still have a few too many pounds. I am not at my healthiest weight, but I am not at my worse weight either. I have come a long way sure, but there is still work to be done. There is more weight loss and then there is strength training; getting stronger, physically and mentally. 

I hear a lot of women use losing their "curves" as a reason for not wanting to lose weight or more weight. I started thinking about this struggle and the excuses we make along the way. Now I am not saying that that may not be true. I don't want to offend anyone, but sometimes that just seems like a big ole EXCUSE; a cop-out, if you will. Sometimes I think it is out of fear; the fear of failing that we won't let ourselves imagine that it can be done. Like I'll say, I don't want to, won't or NEED to lose more weight because what if I CAN'T?

Getting to the next level is very hard. It's scary and requires so much more discipline and will power than I have. I want the result, but do I want to WORK, reallly WORK, for it? I can slack off now and say this is all I wanted to lose or I can keep going for the ultimate. It's a thin line. Losing your curves is a serious thing. But I think I can lose a few and try to regain them in muscle, as opposed to fat.  Are you willing to move those mountains? Are you willing to conquer your mind? Are you willing to try the things you have never tried before. I don't know if I can do it, but I do know that I have to try. Now, I might fail a few more times before I reach that "goal", or maybe the goal will keep evolving, changing, improving. I do know that I will surely FAIL without a GOAL, though. 
I don't know that I have a "goal" weight. All I really know is that I have a Health Goal. My health goal is to push myself to the limit. Try new things, be open to doing things I never imagined, get and keep my glucose and blood pressure under control. Now, if in order to do that, I need to lose the extra poundage, then I want to do that. I do want to get to the next level, do YOU?

Stop holding yourself back. Let go of the FEAR. Keep pushing on. I believe that the BEST is Yet to come. WE will get to the next level. WE just have to stay committed. Stay on the course. Fall off the horse, get back on. You know all those old sayings...


2 comments:

  1. Umm...I think these posts are directed at me! JK. Love them. Going to workout in the morning

    ReplyDelete