Friday, March 13, 2015

Playing With The Hand You're Dealt

During the Metro Atlanta Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc founders day luncheon, our National President talked about "Playing with the hand you are dealt." Since that time I have been thinking a lot about the "Hand" that I have. What to do with it? HMMMM, Can't throw it back, I'd never renig, I dare not get SET, and this is the longest damn game EVER...

Like what can I do with this sucky hand? The last hand was better. Does my partner have a better hand? Do my opponents have a better hand? Staring at this hand, trying to figure out what to throw out and what to pick up. Damn this hand sucks. GEEESH.. 

Looking over my sucky hand of 2014, these are the lessons I learned.....


  • If you fall off the horse, get back on- Quitters never win and Winners never Quit!
  • Can't turn around- Don't turn around. Only look back to see how far you have come.
  • Sometime love is NOT enough- Sometimes you can't love the hurt away
  • GOD is ALWAYS Enough-God IS...........
  • If at first you don't succeed, Keep on TRYING- It will be hard, but you must keep trying. You can't give up


  • Count your blessings- Don't think about what you don't have, look at what you DO have
  • Learn the lesson- Pay attention
  • You have to trust-Trust in HIS word. HE is faithful
  • Believe in YOURSELF- HE doesn't make MISTAKES
  • Suck it up buttercup!!!- It just IS
  • Keep an OPEN mind- Stay open to the possibility 
  • Life is HARD- It just IS












  • God is ALWAYS trying to tell you something- Listen closely
  • Don't EAT the Cake- You'll regret it in the morning. You can't drown your sorrows in chocolate cake ( I know I am not the only one that does that...LOL).

Once you learn how to play your hand, you can WIN. You have to take time to think it through, study your opponents, consider the possibilities, know when to keep quit, know how to shake things up , . Don't sabotage your healthy journey because you got a bad hand. Sometimes you play the wrong card, that's OK.. Just have a plan to recover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment