Thursday, March 5, 2015

Who U Wit???


You can't keep doing the same thing and expect to get different results. You can't keep hanging with the same folks and expect to be able to change your bad habits, UNLESS they support your journey, respect your struggle, and try to help you realize your fullest potential.

On this journey it is so important to have the right people in your corner. You need to surround yourself by people who are happy for you when you achieve a goal, you push you to be better, you remind you that you SAID you were going to do ____. You need to surround yourself with people who motivate you; even if they are not trying to lose weight or make any changes.

If you need motivation to stay committed, make sure you are around people who can motivate you. People who support your dream.  You don't want to hang around people that sabotage your journey. They don't have to be on it with you, literally, but they should support your efforts. 

I like people, so I surround myself with good people, who have good energy. Loving, caring, and supportive. I have drug my friends on all kinds of crazy adventures. And now that I am a kind of sort of runner, They have let me drag them along. Not all of my friends are runners or exercisers, but they are always willing to take a good road trip. Me and my running friends have done some crazy races. We have had some great, BIG fun after the races too. Our motto: Run, Eat, Drink...LOL

I won't say that I would not have done the races alone because I probably would, but it is much more fun with friends. Whether they run with me or just give a word of encouragement, I am grateful. From my sister who cooks the meals that I SHOULD eat, to my friends that remind me of what I SAID I was NOT going to eating, to the people that say they are inspired by my journey. The trainers, the facebook friends, the BGR sister, my sorority sisters, and church friends have all been encouraging to me. Those that said I KNEW you could do it, to those who didn't THINK that I COULD or WOULD, have all been my motivation. 

People like Crystal H. who always says, "you can do that with NO problem", especially when I am in doubt. People like my sister, Michelle D. who says, go ahead I'll pick up Destiny- so that I can run or go on a running trip. People like Vicki T. who says, " I ain't running, but I'll take the road trip". My niece who looks for me CUTE running gear and usually makes sure I have all my stuff together the night before a race. My friend Michelle T. who has started calling me "Foxy Brown"...LOL and I love it. My friend Michelle S. who we run together almost EVERY weekend. My trainer Nancy S.(Bfit Athletics), who gives you that gentle nudge to work a little harder. Altavese D. who helped me successfully navigate through Weight Watchers, as our coach and still inspires me today. Her commitment is phenomenal.  The laughs, the hugs, the cheers, all have served to keep me pumped. I can't even name all the people who hold me up, when I want to GIVE UP. Feeling proud is not Vain, or is it?? I really don't care because I feel PROUD each time I cross the finish line and I'm NOT the LAST one. 
I have realized that everything and everyone in your circle helps to keep you on this journey. If your circle does not motivate you, help make you better, push you to your limit, love you unconditionally, have your back always, support your dreams, tell you like it REALLY IS, then you need a new circle. 
In regards to exercise.. 
Get a group of people together who work like you (don't invite the whiners, or lazies), join a group, take a class. I don't mind doing exercise alone; sometimes I prefer to do it alone. I can go at my own pace when  I do it alone, I do my own thing. But because I really like people, I enjoy group classes too. In group classes, I have someone to laugh with, moan with, and even complain with. Find the way that you can best get things done and then JUST DO IT..


I'm shouting out my CREW. Thanking them for their encouragement, unconditional love and support. For hanging with me through the CRAZY, comforting me through the hurt. Rocking and Rolling with me, even on some CRAZY adventures....



My first Weight Watchers Group leader






My first trainer










My trainer


We RUN this Town
















2 comments: