Monday, February 16, 2015

Who's That Lady


Whose That Lady??

Ever look at yourself and wonder.. Who is THAT?? Like, really WHO-IS-THATTTT??
I look back at these pictures and wonder that. See it all started. well, heck it started at BIRTH. As a young person, I was always a few pounds overweight. I was curvy, developed, and mature looking so I don't know that I was necessarily fat. Like I never really jiggled...lol  It takes a lot for me to "jiggle".

I watched my weight creep up a few pounds each year. I told myself I was still CUTE ( I mean, if I believed nothing else I THOUGHT I believed that). I got to 200, then crept past 200, then 210, then 220, then 230...YIKESSSS 230 pounds and 5'2". I have been diabetic since I was 9. I knew what the weight was doing to my chances of living a diabetes complication free life. I ate my way to hypertension, joint problems, etc. My belly was cutting off my breath when I would bend over..LOL I mean that happens to everyone, right???..LOL I was tired and out of breath a lot more than I would admit.

I walked past the mirror one day and did NOT recognize the person I saw. At that moment I realized that I had been burying every pain, hurt, and disappointment in a good meal, a good dessert, an extra snack. That same week, I went to the doctor and she said.. So, what are we doing about the weight. I said "I am trying". She said, are you REALLY?? I laughed it off and made a joke about it, but the truth was......... I  really wasn't trying as hard as I could. I would start and stop a program. I would do every fad diet out, take every pill, exercise for a few weeks; everything..

My doctor said...

"STOP now or you will be DEAD real soon!!!!! I'm not sugar coating it any more." ( I thought sugar?? I wonder if the hot light sign is on at Krispy Kreme???)

That was September 2012. I decided that I had to REALLY try. I had to take control of this because I had never really FAILED at anything in my life, but weight loss. Weight loss had been my biggest failure ( well and relationships, but that's another blog...LOL).

Taking control, being responsible for my MESS. Owning MY mess. Talking the Talk AND Walking the Walk. No more excuses, no more laters, tomorrows, or my infamous one... " I don't eat a lot, not REALLY".. LIES...LOL

All LIES


13 comments:

  1. Great post. I saw myself in it as well. Let me find a class at the gym for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrrrrrrl! I was going to sleep in but I have been convicted! Let me go get my #HealthySTRUT on! Thank Youuu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story! Best of luck to you! You're an inspiration!
    Sandra Young

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for having the courage to share your story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You went! (To the mirror) You saw! (In the mirror) You CONQUERED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! Welcome to the blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. This was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing! Many of us are in the same boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Post... I am interested in seeing where you go with it!

    ReplyDelete