Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The WoMAN in the Mirror

I'm starting with the (Wo)Man in the mirror. I'm asking her to change her ways.........


How do you start to make changes in your life? Change is good, but it is scary. It is most times difficult, and more often than not requires MORE than one try.

I like to sing, so I either make up a song or make one applicable to almost any event in my life. Running past the mirror after getting out the shower one day stopped me dead in my tracks..YIIKKKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! "YOU need to do something", I said to myself. Life had thrown me a lot of curve balls and I felt like I was managing them pretty good..HA..LIES, LIES, LIES.

See, sometimes you got to take a long, hard look at yourself in the MIRROR. Not for the physical appearance (well that too), but so that you can see through to your soul. You have to start with the person in the mirror. Do you recognize the person in the mirror? Do you LIKE the person in the mirror? Heck, what is going on with this mirror??? this CAN'T be ME!!!

Change can happen all at once, or it can happen sloooowwwwwwlllyyyyy. You have to be willing to make changes. You have to have a plan to make this "lifestyle" change.  Visualize the change happening to you. Whatever it is that you desire the change to be, see it happening.

Welcome the opportunity for self reflection. Take a long, hard, look in the mirror and envision it. No matter what it is, See it. See yourself being the BEST you be.


Without a plan, you plan to fail. So here is the plan that I TRY to follow. I like to call it the 3 Ps/Put it in the Bag.

Plan- Nothing can be by chance for me. I have to plan what I am going to eat, when I am going to eat it, and even HOW I am going to eat it.
Prepare-I prepare all my meals on Sunday for the week; particularly my breakfast and lunch. I have them all prepared and packaged. Again, I can't be caught off guard. Left to my own devices, I will eat an entire building..lol #truth.
Pack- Once I have prepared ALL my meals for the week, I use a little trick I learned in Weight Watchers. I am known as the "bag lady" at work. I carry so much stuff in my bag that I often look like I have just come from the grocery store...lol 
When I did Weight Watchers I used to pack all my food for the day, including dinner, in a bag. When the bag is empty, I am done eating. I don't have to wonder if I can have any more snacks, etc. If I have nothing left in that bag, then I am done eating. I still do that for the most part. I put all the calories I am allowed to eat for the day in my bag. Bag is empty, then I need to go to bed to keep from eating some more..LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment